SYDA Foundation (SYDA) is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to the Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland website, syaoakland.org (the “Site”).
- By using this Site you consent to have personal data that you provide transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described below.
Site Usage Information We Track
- When necessary, SYDA may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with its server and to administer our Site. We also may track, in aggregate, the browser types of visitors to help us understand our visitors' needs related to our Site designs.
- Cookies are small text files that ask information to be put on your computer by websites that you visit.
- Your browser allows you to erase the cookies, block cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Please refer to your browser instructions for further information.
- In some instances, unless the cookies are accepted, parts of SYDA’s website may not function.
- If you allow cookies to be used, SYDA will store the cookie files, which will enable SYDA to measure the use of the pages and features on its website.
- The cookie is used to store the IP address of your machine and will not contain any data personal to you.
- SYDA does not make any attempt to find out, by means of the cookies, the personal identities of those visiting its website.
Information SYDA Foundation Collects in Forms
- There is no registration necessary to visit or participate in this Website.
- Portions of the site allow you to join our mailing list and receive e-mail or regular mail information from us.
- These sections contain forms, which require your name and e-mail address, country of residence and which may request, but not require, other personally identifiable information, including your postal address or phone number.
- These same sections provide for the ability to opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time.
- By entering your data into these forms, you give SYDA permission to use and store your personal information, to contact you via e-mail, to send e-mail messages to you containing information relating to your interest in SYDA, and to share your information with third-party service providers who commit to use reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data in a manner consistent with our policies.
- In each email you receive, there will be a link to unsubscribe or change areas of interest.
Security and Privacy
- SYDA uses security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or alteration of the information under our control.
- SYDA takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your data containing personally identifiable information.
Information SYDA Foundation May Share with Others
- SYDA may share your personal information with other organizations that are closely affiliated with SYDA and share SYDA‘s commitment to protecting that information.
Third-party Service Providers
- SYDA may employ contractors or other third parties.
- These contractors or other third parties may have access to your personal information if this access is necessary for them to perform services for SYDA.
- By submitting any information to SYDA, you agree to submit your personal information to SYDA and the third-party service providers who provide services to SYDA.
- SYDA engages service providers who commit to use reasonable measures to protect the privacy of those who use this Site.
Compliance with the Law
- SYDA reserves the right to disclose your personal information when it believes, in good faith, that the law requires such disclosure, including, for example, complying with a judicial proceeding, court order or subpoena, or when SYDA believes that public interest mandates such disclosure.
- If SYDA goes through a business transition, such as a reorganization, acquisition by another entity, or transfer of all or a substantial portion of our assets, SYDA reserves the right to transfer your personal information to any successor entity in connection with such business transition.
Links to Other Web Sites
- SYDA is not responsible for the contents, services, privacy policies, or practices of any websites to which SYDA may hyperlink from the Site.
- SYDA encourages you to be aware of this when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Updating Personal Information
- In each email you receive, there will be a link to update your profile.
A Note to Parents
- This website is not aimed at children under age 13 for collection of information online or does not seek to collect information from such children.
- This website is intended for use only by persons 18 or older, emancipated minors, minors 13 years of age or older who possess legal parental or guardian consent and are fully able and competent to enter into and be legally bound by these terms and children under the age of 13 together with their parents.
- No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by visitors under 13 years of age.
- If a child under 13 years of age wishes to submit any information, this should be done only by the child’s parent(s) or legal guardian.
- Users will be made aware of these changes by the change of the version number and effective date at the top of this policy.
- If SYDA makes a change that it reasonably believes may materially affect how it collects, discloses, or otherwise shared your personal information, SYDA will post a separate notice to that effect on its home page with a link to the revised policy.
Questions or Concerns