Siddha Yoga Family Retreat
God Dwells In Your Heart
July 14 to July 17, 2018
In Siddha Yoga Family Retreats, families with children of all ages participate in the Siddha Yoga practices of chanting and meditation, and gather daily for satsang, to articulate their experiences. Through this dynamic engagement with the spiritual practices and study, families immerse themselves in Siddha Yoga sadhana. Family Retreats also include time for playing outdoors and enjoying nature.
The Siddha Yoga Family Retreat at the Siddha Yoga Asham in Oakland takes place once a year in July. Many families choose to arrive a day or two early to settle in before the retreat.
The Siddha Yoga Family Retreat in 2018 will be from July 14 to July 17, 2018.
Elements of the Family Retreat schedule include:
- Satsang for Families with a Siddha Yoga story
- Creative activities, such as art, music or acting, designed for each age group
- Time playing games outdoors and enjoying nature
- Dancing saptah (movement and chanting)
- Chanting Namasankirtana
- Age appropriate meditation sessions
For families with children and teens, ages 17 and younger. Yuvas (young adults, ages 18 – 24) are invited to support the Family Retreat with the Siddha Yoga practice of seva.
In this retreat, families engage with a Siddha Yoga teaching story in satsang and through creative activities.
Please register by June 15, 2017.
For questions regarding registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the Family Retreat, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland, California. For more information about the Ashram, see Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland.
Online: Online Registration
Fees: Adults: $220
Young People (ages 13 – 24): $120
Children (ages 5 – 12): $60
Children under 5 attend for free.
- Complete one form for one parent and in the "Comment" box, put the following information for each additional family member: name, birth date, date started Siddha Yoga, and date of first Intensive.
- Add up your total costs.
- Write the following in the comments section on the registration page of one of the adults:
- Your last name:______
- Retreat fees: $_______
- Accommodations/meals fees: $_______
- Study materials fees: $_______
- Grand Total: $_______
- Deposit paid today is: $100 (commuter)/$500 (guest).
For accommodations, meals, and study/art/snack fees, there is a non-refundable $100 cancellation fee per family.
For the Family Retreat fee, if participants cancel any time prior to the start of the event, 90% of the fee will be refunded. Once the event starts there is no refund. Special consideration will be given to emergency situations, please contact Retreat Coordinator.
To reserve a room, please use our Online Registration and pay the $500 deposit by May 15. After this date there is no guarantee you will be able to make a reservation to stay in the Ashram.
Accommodations & Meals
The Child price includes children 6-12 and the Young Adult price includes teens 13-17:
- 1 adult, 1 child: $500
- 1 adult, 2 children: $620
- 2 adults, 1 child: $780
- 2 adults, 2 children: $900
- 1 adult, 3 children: $740
- 2 adults, 3 children: $1020
- 1 adult, 4 children: $860
- 2 adults, 4 children: $1,140
- 1 adult, 1 young adult: $560
- 1 adult, 2 young adult: $740
- 2 adult, 1 young adult: $840
- 2 adult, 2 young adult: $1,020
- 1 adult, 3 young adult: $920
Check-in time: Friday, July 14 from 3 - 5 pm. Dinner: 6 pm.
Check-out time: Tuesday, July 18 by 5:00 pm. Lunch is served from 12:30 – 1:30 pm.
Study/art/snack fee: $20 per participant (ages 3 and up)
Families who commute pay the Retreat Fees, study/art/snack fees, and meals:
This includes 3 meals a day starting with dinner on Friday, July 15 and ending on Tuesday, July 18 with lunch.
- Adults: $144
- Young adult/Kishors (ages 13 – 17) $102
- Children (ages 7 – 12) $84
- Children (ages 3 – 6) $51
- Children under age 3 – no charge
All family members are encouraged to participate in the entire retreat so as to assimilate and implement the teachings together.