Requirements for All Staff Positions
In addition to the skills and experience required for a specific seva position at the Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland, all candidates for staff positions must meet the following qualifications:
Siddha Yoga Studentship Requirements (All Staff Seva Positions)
- Has taken at least one Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensive.
- Has been doing at least one of the core Siddha Yoga practices (meditation, chanting, seva, dakshina) on a regular basis for a minimum of two years.
- Has participated in A Sweet Surprise satsang within the past two years.
- Has served within the past five years as a visiting sevite in Shree Muktananda Ashram, Gurudev Siddha Peeth, or the Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland, or as an on-going community sevite in the Siddha Yoga Ashram in Oakland.
- Has participated in seva at a Siddha Yoga ashram, meditation center, chanting and meditation group, or retreat site, or has offered home seva for the SYDA Foundation, for at least one year within the past five years.
- Understands seva as a spiritual practice.
- Demonstrates understanding of, alignment with, and commitment to the philosophy and culture of the Siddha Yoga path, including the spiritual practices.
Skill Requirements (All Staff Seva Positions)
- Demonstrates fluency in written and spoken English; is able to give and understand clear instructions and to share experiences with clarity.
- Demonstrates workflow management skills: is able to manage priorities to meet timelines.
- Has basic and practical computer skills.
- Demonstrates effective communication and listening skills.
- Is able to give and receive clear, constructive feedback.
- Works productively, both independently as well as with a team.
Log on to create or update your Seva Profile. If you do not have a Siddha Yoga Online Login, you will be prompted to create one.